Effective date: September 1st, 2018
Gentle Guitar™ (“us”, “we” or “our”) operates the https://www.gentleguitar.com website.
We are an international online company that operates from Auckland, New Zealand. We care about the confidentiality and security of any information that you choose to share with us. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”) and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to enable us to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Guitar lessons available through the https://www.gentleguitar.com website
- Personal Data
Data which can specifically identify a living individual.
- Usage Data
Data collected automatically when using the Service, or from the Service infrastructure( for example, visiting a webpage).
- Cookies & Tracking Data
Files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
The person (either alone or jointly with other persons) responsible for determining the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal information data is to be processed. For the purposes of this policy we are a Data Controller of your Personal Data.
- Data Subject (or User)
Any living individual who is using, or has used, our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
- Service Provider
Third party companies and individuals who may be employed to facilitate the Service, to perform Service-related services or to assist in analyzing how the Service is used.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you (see Use of Data).
Types of Information Collected
Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address, Skype user username
- First names and last names
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Photos and videos of the student that you provide us with (only after you enroll in our Service and provide us with your consent to store and/or publish this data.)
- Cookies and Usage Data
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies & Tracking Data
- Session Cookies.
We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies.
We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies.
We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data The Service uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- Teachers that we contract
We use the following services to contact you:
- PayPal (To process your invoice)
- Skype.com (To provide the Service)
- Gmail and other email clients (To contact you)
Disclosure Of Data
The Service may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Gentle Guitar™
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how the Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to not disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”) without parental consent, nor do we knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Sometimes we display on our website student names, country (or state), and pictures of students, student performances and student testimonials that you provide us with. We only do this after you have been enrolled in the Service, and only with your verbal or written consent. It remains your choice at all times which student information or data you provide us with and which student information or data we may display publicly for our promotional purposes, including on 3rd party websites such as social networks, including but not limited to Facebook and YouTube.
Recording of Skype Lessons
The Skype lessons that we provide as part of our Service, are randomly recorded by the teachers that we contract. This is done for quality control and teacher training. You can be excluded from this if you notify us in advance.
Your Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Gentle GuitarTM aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- To access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- To have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- To be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- To withdraw your consent at any time where our Service relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- By email: email@example.com